[opencms-dev] For those who use CmsAfterPublishStaticExport

Achim Westermann achim.westermann at gmx.de
Wed Jun 30 20:36:50 CEST 2010

Hi Viki,

search over exported contents just works because every exported content
is also in the VFS. On search result jsp pages you use <cms:link> around
the result documents and that tag is clever enought to know if the file
is exportable (thus creates a link to the exported version).

Forms should never be exported. You just set the property export to
false. So with forms a static export on demand combined with a mix of
exported static content and dynamic form pages is a good solution.

However I have seen far to many production setups that will not work
with static export on demand as people intended to play with their known
tools (e.g. apache2) in their familiar way or have regulations for their
system setup and would not use the proper setup for apache:

Installed on the very same machine as the application server and
following this excellent document:

http://www.sebastian.himberger.de/comp/tutorials/opencms/apache-integration/

BTW: I cannot recommend using static export after publish. On demand has
many advantages. And it is not and advantage of the first to have
OpenCms completely out of the production line. You'll lose the excellent
flex cache and possibly you will use the <cms:export> tag to export
unprocessed custom JSP code that will cause the same risk as if it was
interpreted directly in the opencms web application (but without caching).

HTH,

Achim