[opencms-dev] Tree widget showing titles

Steve Bryan steve at bright-interactive.com
Thu Jul 1 16:50:27 CEST 2010

Hi all

I'm aware that the CmsVfsFileWidget allows browsing of the VFS using a popup
tree control. This has a limitation in that it only shows names of 'files'.

When we have lots of lists of news articles, then these tend to be called
article_0001.html, article_0002.html etc due to the way the OpenCms
ContentLoad tags/functions work, so this means the tree browser is not very
usable. It would be great to have one which shows object Titles as well or
instead.

Any ideas for how to do this? I can think of:

a) A custom widget - either adapt CmsVfsFileWidget popup or (maybe easier)
write a tree from scratch.
b) A custom gallery - is it possible to write these?

Thanks
Steve