[opencms-dev] Change login page with workplace enabled.

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Tue Jul 6 09:34:34 CEST 2010

Hi Allan,

When you request http://www.meusite/.../system/login, there is actually no real redirection. Keep in mind that you are requesting the OpenCms resource /system/login/, which is a folder, not a file. Whenever a folder is requested, OpenCms will respond by serving the file "index.html" inside that folder - if it exists. This is the default behaviour of not just OpenCms, but other systems as well. (It's also possible to set up a hierarchy of files to serve.)

Therefore; to make your custom login page the default page, all you have to do is rename it to "index.html", keeping it in the same folder (which means you'll have to rename your default login page to something else first).

Best regards,
Paul