[opencms-dev] Managing module libs and module events

Thomas Göttlich guo.tuomi at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 15 18:16:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

we are currently developing several OpenCMS modules which have jar
dependencies with version numbers, e.g. mydep-1.0.jar.

Those jars are put in the appropriate lib folder in the module and are
published upon upload (i.e. copied to the WEB-INF/lib dir).
However, if I update my module and the dependency version changes - to let's
say mydep-1.1.jar - I end up with 2 versions of the same dependency in my
WEB-INF/lib.

I also deleted the module but it then leaves the additional jars in the
WEB-INF/lib and tells me that there are no publish history entries.

Does OpenCMS delete additional jar files if a module is deleted or the jar
is not a module dependency any more?

Another short question:

We're building our modules with ant and also create the manifest files.
Those files have the <class> element under <module> which seems to denote
the module action class (at least that's what an exported manifest seems to
say).

However, if I upload the module via CmsShell, the module is imported
correctly, except the module action class which stays empty in the module
admin view.

Any ideas of what might be wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards