[opencms-dev] Copy content in CmsXmlContentEditor Editor in actionChangeElementLanguage()

Roland Metzler ganggreengang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 12:36:35 CEST 2010

Dear dev-list,

in a recent project I stumbled over a phenomenon when editing a XML content
in OpenCms 7. I tried to switch the language while editing and found out
that all the contents from language a was transferred to language b
automatically. I know that there is this feature to copy the contents from
one language to the other. What dazzled me was the fact that this is done
automatically when there is no language property attached to the file I am
editing. If one changes the language the contents are copied from the
current edited language to the new language. Is this the desired behaviour?
In my use case I want to use a unique identifier in a custom widget. This
does not work now if one switches the language because the unique identifier
is copied to the other language and therefor is not that unique anymore.

Is there any other workaround than adding a language property to the file to
edit?