[opencms-dev] export index.html page

Graeme Kidd coolkidd3 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 25 19:21:04 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have an index.html file on the root of my site e.g.
http://www.test.com/
This means that it is the most request page of my site. Luckily all the images and style sheets have been exported nicely to the Apache folder so that should help improve load times.

However I was wondering if you are able to export the html page itself which contains a few < cms:link> tags. Setting the export property to true doesn’t help, however it does get moved to the webapps temp folder.

I tried adding the file to the export-point in the module but because its out with the web-inf folder it doesn’t work:
25 Aug 2010 16:30:20,049 ERROR [pencms.db.CmsExportPointDriver: 215] Could not export resource "D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\ROOT\export".
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\ROOT\export (Access is denied)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.opencms.db.CmsExportPointDriver.writeResource(CmsExportPointDriver.java:210)
    at org.opencms.db.CmsExportPointDriver.writeFile(CmsExportPointDriver.java:164)
    at org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.writeExportPoints(CmsDriverManager.java:8057)
    at org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.cmsEvent(CmsDriverManager.java:905)
    at org.opencms.main.CmsEventManager.fireEventHandler(CmsEventManager.java:203)
    at org.opencms.main.CmsEventManager.fireEvent(CmsEventManager.java:126)
    at org.opencms.main.OpenCms.fireCmsEvent(OpenCms.java:156)
    at org.opencms.publish.CmsPublishEngine.publishJobFinished(CmsPublishEngine.java:647)
    at org.opencms.publish.CmsPublishThread.run(CmsPublishThread.java:222)

Even if I do mange to export it or simply copy it over to the Apache folder I am still going to need add a mod_rewrite rule to ensure its delivered by Apache and not Tomcat.

Any thoughts on if this is possible.

Thanks,
Graeme