[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.5.3 and Alkacon OCEE 2.1.3 ready for download - A_CmsXmlConfiguration.initMembers()

Brabenetz, Harald harald.brabenetz at bearingpointconsulting.com
Thu Aug 26 09:36:48 CEST 2010

Hi Alex,

There is a new abstract method A_CmsXmlConfiguration.initMembers()
All extensions of this Class must now be changed for release 7.5.3.

And the changes are not trivial I think.
My first suggestion was to replace the constructor (which initialize the members) with the new method which must be implemented now.
  @Override
  protected void initMembers() {
    // some initializations.
  }
Then the Module doesn't work with 7.5.2 (the initMethod will not be called).
My second suggestion was to add the default constructor which calls the initMethod:
example:

  SomeConfigurationConstructor(){
    initMembers();
  }
  @Override
  protected void initMembers() {
    // some initializations.
  }

The behavior is:
 - in OpenCms 7.5.2 the initMethod will be called one time
 - in OpenCms 7.5.3 the initMethod will be called two times.
Now I use the following solution:

  SomeConfigurationConstructor(){
    // some initializations like in 7.5.2
  }
  @Override
  protected void initMembers() {
    // Must be empty if it should work for OpenCms 7.5.2 AND 7.5.3
  }

Kind Regards,
Harald