[opencms-dev] We have setup a public OpenCms Maven2 Repository

Martin Höller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Thu Aug 26 11:04:53 CEST 2010

Hi Harald! Hi Shi!

Providing maven artifacts for a third party (like OpenCms) might be a problem
if you choose an artifact- and group-id like you did. The groupId, artifactId
and version together (GAV) identify a maven artifact. Any artifact should be
unique (that's a principal of maven).

Imagine Alkacon providing their own maven repository some day, with the same
GAV as one of you did. Then, their are differen JARs around for with the same
ID (GAV) which would lead to problems (see also [0]).

hth,
- martin

[0] http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Correcting-a-groupID-tt2644569.html#a2653508