[opencms-dev] Unable to Restrict Workplace User Access By Default

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 04:18:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying unsuccessfully to:
1. Give a group of workplace users default access to absolutely no folders
(under default folder).
2. Then override that default access for one folder only.

However, I am having no success, could someone please tell me what I might
be doing wrong please? Details as follows.

Under root I have created a Sub Organizational Unit called "suborg".

In the "suborg" user group, I created a workplace user called "user1".

Under the "default" folder I have created a sub folder called "folder1"

I set the following permissions for the "suborg" user group in the "default"
folder to Denied:
Read, Write, Direct Publish, Control, Write, Responsible

I set the following permissions for the "suborg" user group in "folder1" to
Allowed:
Read, Write, Direct Publish, Control, Write, Responsible, Overwrite
inherited, Inherit on sub folders

However, when I log in as user1, I cannot see the "default" or "folder1"
folders.

I can achieve the desired result by: removing the "Denied" settings from
"default" and then applying the denied settings to all sub folders (barring
"folder1") under "default".
However, there are two problems with that technique
Problem 1: there are 81 sub folders under "default" adding deny settings to
80 of them is tedious.
Problem 2: If another user adds a new folder without adding a deny, all
"suborg" users will be able access the new folder.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Regards

Brett S