[opencms-dev] Opencms with mobile version - continue

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Wed Sep 8 10:27:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean exactly... If you want to access the OpenCms
Workplace, as said before, it will not work (well) on a mobile client.

In case you want to create a site with OpenCms, which should have a mobile
template as well, you can use something like this example as a template to
detect and load a template per platform:

<%@ page session="false" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="fn" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions" %>
<c:choose>
<c:when test="${ fn:contains(header['User-Agent'], 'Android') or
fn:contains(header['User-Agent'], 'iPhone') or
fn:contains(header['User-Agent'], 'iPod') }">
    <cms:include page="/templateMobile.jsp" />
</c:when>
<c:otherwise>
    <cms:include page="/templateFull.jsp" />
</c:otherwise>
</c:choose>

The real templates are then templateFull.jsp and templateMobile.jsp which
you have to craft to fit your needs.

BR,
Yves