[opencms-dev] Possible Publish-Problem mixing Direct Publish with Project Publish?

Eska sven.kiesow at interone.de
Thu Sep 9 12:56:38 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

we have just experienced a possible problem with the publish mechanism on a
OpenCms 7.0.5
and I just want to ask, if someone has experienced the same problem or knows
a reason for it.

This is what has happened as a Content-Editor "swares":

1) There are multiple changed files in e.g. /sites/AAA and /sites/BBB
2) The content-Editor changes a file e.g. /sites/AAA/a.html and chooses
"Publish directly" from
the files context-menu. Only the /sites/AAA/a.html is listed as a resource
to be published and he
confirmes by selecting OK.
3) Now not only the /sites/AAA/a.html is published, but all other modified
files in /sites/AAA and /sites/BBB
are also published as logged in the one Publish Report.

This is really bad if it occured this way!!!

Has anyone experienced something like this, or does someone from Alkacon
have a hunch how
or if that could happen?

Is there a way to disable the publish project button for certain
users/usergroups?

Thanks