[opencms-dev] Rebuild search index Auto

Steve Bryan steve at bright-interactive.com
Thu Sep 23 12:25:47 CEST 2010

Hi Peter

With the 'auto' mode, then resources are only indexed automatically on
publish operation (ie rather than adding in Offline mode). This is true
whether the indexes are Offline or Online ones.

Are you definitely publishing them?

Newer versions of OpenCms (7.5 I think) have an 'offline' indexing mode. For
offline indexes, set indexing mode to 'offline'. Then resources get indexed
in close to real time when they are added or edited in offline mode (no need
to publish).

Steve