[opencms-dev] Opencms with Spring

jacek grzebyta (RRes-Roth) jacek.grzebyta at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Sep 30 00:41:43 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

I have problem with simple passing CmsUser to Springs` controllers. In my projects database (not cms database) I store information about curators. Since before any change inside, the curator must login through cms so the best way is just passing CmsUser from cms level to the spring. I considered:

1. using spring inside cms not as usually the parallel servlet but it makes difficulties with generating html code from views. And in that way I'll lose a lot of functionalities.
2. The most obvious way is doing as usually (parallel servlet) but it makes difficulties with passing Cms* classes to spring.
3. I found something like servlet-servlet communication but some people says it's more risky or too difficult to do it.
4. Another way is just simple serialisation. But than it must be a way to inform spring that there is some "parcel" for it.

What do you think about? What is your opinion about that? Is any other way to consider?
Thank you for help,

Best wishes,
Jacek Grzebyta