[opencms-dev] Newbies

Sudamar Cerqueira sudamar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 00:30:52 CEST 2010

Care,

  I bougth a book in pactkpub OpenCms Development 7 and started to read last
week. But I´d like some informations about Eclipse and OpenCms. My objective
is learn the "how do" of the opemcms, developers sites and modules. And
after contrib to all this project.

  I always works with Tomcat into Eclipse genuine and my debugs points work
very well because my projects was webDynamic projects... I don´t understood
how to work where o opencms from cvs is a javaProject. How do I debug the
project? How do I build modules? In another project refering to the opencms
source? Or within opencms source?

I need to install it all in a separate tomcat, deploy the war doing ANT
generated by the project or install from source? Frankly, I'm lost! And look
what I'm reading the book, but is that how to build the development
environment is very different from what I'm used to.

I appreciate any information you can provide!