[opencms-dev] No Tomcat logging anymore after updating to 7.5.3

Mario Jäger m.jaeger at alkacon.com
Fri Oct 29 10:54:14 CEST 2010

Hi Roman,

One more question: Is there no more TomCat logging or are there no more OpenCms exceptions logged into the TomCat log files?

--
Kind Regards,
Mario.

-------------------
Mario Jäger

Betreff: 	Re: [opencms-dev] No Tomcat logging anymore after updating to
7.5.3
Datum: 	Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:33:25 +0200
Von: 	Mario Jäger <m.jaeger at alkacon.com>

Hi Roman,

I never heard of such a problem before. I also have an OpenCms 7.5.3 updated from an OpenCms 7.5.2. And there TomCat still writes in the logfiles localhost.xxx.log and catalina.xxx.log.

The error in your update.log should not be responsible for that problem.

You already will have checked, that the TomCat user has still the write permissions on the logfiles? Did you already delete the logfiles?

There are a number of different methods to start and stop Tomcat. That is why, I do not know how you start your TomCat. If you use an Unix based system, then TomCat will be started in the background (also if you start it in a shell).
But, if you use a Windows based system, then TomCat will be started in a new MS-DOS window. In this case, does your TomCat anything write in the MS-DOS window?

--
Kind Regards,
Mario.

Mario Jäger