[opencms-dev] Database Feedback?

Tony Thul TTHUL at regina.ca
Fri Oct 29 19:39:14 CEST 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Tony

>>> "Achim Westermann" <Achim.Westermann at gmx.de> 29/Oct/2010 9:35 am >>>
Hi Tony,

I can confirm that I miss mysql. Now I am forced to use Oracle and it's slower and harder to maintain.

HTH,

Achim

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:23:39 +0200
> Von: Michael Emmerich <m.emmerich at alkacon.com>
> Betreff: Re: [opencms-dev] Database Feedback?

> Tony,
>
> Am 29.10.2010 17:12, schrieb Tony Thul:
> > We are currently looking at using OpenCMS. Our standard is Oracle, but
> > the licensing costs are a concern. Does anyone have some feedback on
> > using MySQL?
>
> We are using MySql on most of our OpenCms installations. From our
> experience, OpenCms is faster using MySql than using Oracle.
>
> So from our perspective, we would choose MySql if it is not set
> differently in the project.
>

> --
> Kind Regards,
> Michael.

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy this message and any copies.