[opencms-dev] Question 'directly link to awebsite'

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Fri Jan 7 15:00:38 CET 2011

Stephan,

> I've seen, that there exists a OpenCMS-Feature to check internal and
> external links.
>
> Now I have got a question:
>
> Exists in OpenCms a feature to link directly a website to another?
>
> And when this is the case, is the link broken when the target website is
> moved?

I am not sure if I understood it correctly.

If you have a website build with OpenCms and you link to something that
is in the same website, the link gets NOT broken if you move the target.

If you link to an external website via the "External Links" and the link
target is moved, this link will be broken. OpenCms cannot know there the
moved link target is. But - you can use the external link check to find
such links that are not working any more and correct them.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael.

Michael Emmerich