[opencms-dev] R: 7.5.3 upgrade wizard when using ROOT and /opencms-rewriting

Mark Ruggero mark.ruggero at glamm.com
Fri Jan 21 12:50:56 CET 2011

Hi,
try looking at catalina.out  (under tomcat /logs).
If opencms started ok you should see something like this:

>>INFO: Deploying web application archive opencms.war
>>

>>Starting OpenCms, version 7.0.4 in web application "opencms"
>>
>>Copyright (c) 2007 Alkacon Software GmbH
>>OpenCms comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
>>This is free software, and you are welcome to
>>redistribute it under certain conditions.
>>Please see the GNU Lesser General Public Licence for
>>further details.

>>Jan 16, 2011 10:43:20 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployWAR

Probably you will find an error that will help you work out what is
huppening.

The best thing to do is look in WEB-INF/logs/opencms.log and try to
understand where opencms got stuck during boot.
If you touched config files under WEB-INF/config like opencms.properties
and opencms-importexport.xml probably there is a mistake in these files
(an xml tag not closed could be the problem).

Mark