[opencms-dev] Insert Images: ImageBrowse vs. Gallerybrowser

John Bieling john.bieling at cern.ch
Sun Jan 23 11:11:01 CET 2011

Hi,

I do not understand, why the OpenCMS Gallerybrowser is preferred over
the FCKEditor Filebrowser (when inserting images). In OpenCMS 7.5 it
even has been replaced completely. BUT with the current Gallerybrowser
it is not possible to access the directory structured and pictures not
part of a gallery cannot be accessed at all. I do not think that this is
a good decision, my users think of it as a step back.

It is possible to reactivate the Filebrowser in the ImageWidget and in
the Editor, but this has to be done after every update of OpenCMS. After
updating to 7.5.3 it was even harder to apply the patch, since the
coding has changed. Therefore I am quite afraid, that I won't be able to
apply my patch in a later version.

I would really appreciate, if the OpenCMS Gallerybrowser would be
enriched by a FileBrowser-Tap. I tried but it is hard for me to
understand the code. Has anyone started working on that?

Thanks
John Bieling