[opencms-dev] OpenCMS bug? Delete content everywhere, DB is still too large (10GB+)

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Fri Feb 11 11:11:48 CET 2011

Hello Ignacio,

I made a little test here to try to reproduce this (on OpenCms 7.5.3)

1) Copy a complete site and publish it

-> Number of entries in CMS_CONTENTS table increases as expected

2) Touch the copied site (including rewrite content)

->  Number of entries in CMS_CONTENTS table increases as expected

3) Delete the copied site and publish it

->  Number of entries in CMS_CONTENTS table increases, this seems
strange and I would not have expected this

4) Cleanup History tables, keep one version, delete al deleted

-> Number of entries in CMS_CONTENTS stays the same as in 3), this seems
to be not correct.

So steps 3 and 4 bring up results that must be investigated.

We will take a look at this for the OpenCms 8 release, it would be good
if you could add a enty in bugzilla.opencms.org.

Kind Regards,
Michael