[opencms-dev] Retrieve Files from Repository

Sean C seanlon11 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:05:54 CET 2011

Is this done via a Web Service?

Currently, users are on one site, and click on a link to a simple (external)
file server.  The problem here is that the files on this external server
lack versioning capabilities, along with other key aspects of OpenCMS that
are desired to manage these files.

What I envision is if I can't directly reference the files within OpenCMS
(directly via a url), I would instead simply pass the desired file to a
Servlet who would retrieve the file from our OpenCMS server.  Is there a
better design?

Thanks for the quick response Michael.

- Sean