[opencms-dev] Avoiding /export/sites/default/ during static export

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Wed Feb 16 12:30:30 CET 2011

Harini,

OpenCms always needs a prefix for exported files - like the "export",
but you could reconfigure the opencms-importexport.xml to choose another
name for it.

To get rid of the "/sites/default/" in the export path, you can use the
"exportname" property.

Lets me explain it with an example:

You have a file in "/sites/default/mypage.html". So the default path
when you export this file would be

"/export/sites/default/mypage.html"

If you now set the "exportname" property on the folder "/sites/default/"
to lets say "sunhine", the exported path would be

"/export/sunshine/mypage.html"

If you now set the "exportname" property on the folder "/sites/default/"
to lets say "/", the exported path would be

"/export/mypage.html"

Important: The value for the "exportname" must be unique in you OpenCms,
if you use the same exportname twice, it won#t work.

Very important: It is mandatory that you use the <cms:link> tag in all
your links you use in your JSPs, otherweise your export will never work
as expected.

Kind Regards,
Michael