[opencms-dev] Why not launch a "7.5.X" version?

Celio Nogueira de Faria Jr celiofariajr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:41:24 CET 2011

Hi everyone at Alkacon,

what are the odds of launching an OpenCms "7.5.X" version before the next
major one? There is plenty of fixed issues at CVS HEAD "history.txt". In
fact, OpenCms 8 will not be launched until May and I think that at least
some users do not want (or can) do a "major" upgrade ASAP. Follows a list of
important issues I would like to have before the "big 8":

* Fixed issue #1895: "All others" entry in permission dialog misses summary
of permissions
* Fixed issue #1901: Workplace login page security issue
* Fixed issue #1900: Performance Patch for OpenCms
* Fixed issue #1942: Publish scheduled jobs are missing after server restart
* Fixed issue #1717: DB deadlock if OpenCms hits db.pool.default.maxActive
when db.pool.default.whenExhaustedAction=block
* Fixed issue when creating a new user or editing an existing user using an
Oracle database
* Fixed issue #1949: Database size does not decrease after (completely)
deleting resources

Best regards,

Celio.