[opencms-dev] Suggested changes to form generator

Graeme Kidd coolkidd3 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:50:00 CET 2011

Hi,

We are currently making use of the form generator for our event registration page. I had to download the latest version (1.4.4) from the CVS as it supported the MSSQL Database.

However for the form to be really useful the following two things need to be added:

1) Form open date
At the moment you can specify a close date with a close message but it would be nice if there was also an open date and open message you could set before it opens. For example you could specify the 10th of June as the open date and until that date you could specify a message telling the user that registration will open soon.

2) Max user registration
For most events there is a cap to how many people can register, at the moment we have to continually monitor the registrations so we don’t have to apologise to anyone who registered when it was full.

At the moment these changes will be written at our end but I noticed that you were currently in the process of updating the current code base (last commit was 30 hours ago). If I was to submit a patch file including the above features would you be interested?

However if you prefer not to introduce code written by other people would you consider including these features for a future release?

Thanks,
Graeme