[opencms-dev] Cannot get a connection, pool error: Timeout waiting for idle object

poornima raghunath poornima.raghunath at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:26:09 CEST 2011

Hi,
We are using opencms 7.0.4 and we are experiencing the same connection pool
error : Timeout waiting for an idle object weekly once during the night
time.

I read the articles and solutions concerning this issue and everyone has
suggested to enable the*   db.pool.default.whenExhaustedAction* from *block
to grow*.

I am having the same concern as Kumar mentioned in this article.
http://lists.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2009q4/033319.html

If we are enabling the connections to grow indefinitely, will this be an
issue in the future. Can anyone please explain this to me ?

Thanks,
Daya.