[opencms-dev] Running OpenCMS with unpacked war file

Brabenetz, Harald harald.brabenetz at bearingpointconsulting.com
Mon Apr 11 13:15:15 CEST 2011

Hi Jon,

According to the OpenCms-Documentation it must be unpacked:

Important: OpenCms requires that it's *.war file is unpacked. OpenCms can not be deployed as war file only. Make sure Tomcat does unpack the war file and creates the CATALINA_HOME/webapps/opencms/ directory, placing the OpenCms files in this directory. The default configuration for your Servlet containers / environment could be to not unpack the deployed *.war file. If this is so, you must unpack the opencms.war file manually. Use an unzip tool for this, *.war files are just *.zip files with a different extension. The OpenCms setup wizard will display a warning and not allow you to continue if you did not unpack the *.war

http://www.opencms.org/en/development/installation/server.html

friendly regards,
Harald