[opencms-dev] Different version jars in lib folder

Achim Westermann achim.westermann at questico.de
Fri Apr 15 10:10:25 CEST 2011

Hi Paul,

> You're absolutely right, and memory serves you well - they were 334 bytes indeed.

Uuuuh.... Yesssss!

>  From what you say, I gather it's risky to have different versions of OpenCms on the same Tomcat, then? (Since they may employ different version jars, which could cause conflict?)

I'd consider it a bug if tomcat runs into Classloading errors if several
OpenCms versions are deployed to different webapplications. But I am not
sure now if there might be a special case where this might happen. The
mechanism of classloading is explained here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

HTH,
Achim

> Cheers,