[opencms-dev] Numbered entity of single quote gets converted in editor

Graeme Kidd coolkidd3 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 21:54:42 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Just thought I would report the following issue I had when editing some JavaScript within the CMS editor.

It appears that some numbered entities are getting converted into their string literals. For example I had the following JavaScript Code:

var encode = function(str){
    return str.replace(/"/g, '"').replace(/'/g, ''');
};

Which then had the ' being converted tO a ' when I saved the page, resulting in invalid JavaScript. Does anyone know if this is preventable because the only work around I can think of would be to edit the file local on my computer and upload it.

Thanks