[opencms-dev] Image gallery

Olivier Chirouze olivier.chirouze+opencms at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:19:16 CEST 2011

Hi list,

I haven't been playing with OpenCms for more than a year and just
upgraded from 7.0.5 to 7.5.2.
We had to make some adjustments to FCKEditor to get the toolbar we
used to have but now we are stuck with Image inserting.

On 7.0 when clicking "insert/edit image", we get 4 tabs "image info" /
"image gallery" / "link" / "advanced". We only use first tab, choosing
the image on the server with "browse server" button, just next to the
URL field. We might also upload images with the "advanced tab" but
that is not vital since it can be done on the explorer view as well.
We don't use image galleries at all.

Now with 7.5 the window defaults to "Galleries" tab and it seems
impossible to get back to a very basic URL for an image.
We would want to go back to a simple dialog for choosing the URL of an
image and a few parameters such as width height and alignment. Our
users are multiple, the simpler the better...

We are not very far from rolling back to previous version... that
would be a shame!

Any help please??

Thanks

Olivier