[opencms-dev] Backups from OpenCMS smaller than those from Admin shell and cannot be imported

Stephen S. Musoke ssmusoke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:30:21 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have created .zip backups for my opencms 7.5.3  Installation on
Tomcat 6.0, MySQL and jdk 1.6 using the Admin panel and the CMS shell.

The Admin panel backups are ~800MB and can be restored into another
installation.

The shell backups are 120MB and corrupted.

Is this due to a limit on the zip file size? Do I have to pass any
parameters to the backup apart from those in the Wiki at
http://opencms-wiki.org/Backing_up_OpenCms

Is there a parameter I have to tweak for the backup say
max_allowed_packet_size?

Stephen