[opencms-dev] Howto have a tree structure but server flat urls

Achim Westermann Achim.Westermann at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 11:10:23 CEST 2011

Hi Assaf,

just a high level thought:

Your requirement:

- will create some mapping from URLS to files within the OpenCms VFS which might be unknown by editors: They might be confused where to find the page in OpenCms for an URL where they see something they have to change.

- will cost you time to implement, educate editors and fix bugs.

- might cause bugs.

Is it an option to put all those files flat into OpenCms? With that solution:

- you don't have to write code.
- the mapping between URL and OpenCms VFS stays 1-1.

I'd work on the given requirement.

cheers,

Achim

-------- Original-Nachricht --------