[opencms-dev] Please help me out

Nazakat Ali nazakatqureshi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 17:22:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am new in Opencms, and we are in the processes of evaluating the different
CMS, So far we love opencms, its very good. But before going for final
sections of cms I have following queries, I will be really thankful if you
can provide a detail description of my Following Queries.

1-      We are trying to revamp already developed site, it’s an huge
ecommerce site and we want to move the site step by step into the cms.
Existing site is basically pure Servlet and jsp base application, in the
first phase we are looking to move the static pages and admin module for
product management into the cms. And for this purpose I want to move the Cms
as a module to my Existing site.

a.       Is it possible?

b.      If possible then what should be the best way

c.       If I cms is like a components to our Existing site. Then how static
pages can be linked to my Existing site.

d.      What changes should be needed to modify the opencms for achieving
this.

e.      If someone already done something like that please share with me.

f.        If someone already have springMVC based sample module then please
send me the link, so that we can quickly check. It will be very helpful for
us for making the quick decision.

We are running out of time, so please guide us so that we can make some
decision. And I am sure all these capabilities are there in opencms. But
just for the sake of confident I am trying to clarifies myself.  We spent
lot time of magnolia, dotcms, alfresco but at the last week we found that
opencms is much better than any other. That’s is the reason I have asked all
these question at once, because we are really out of time for cms
selections, but we don’t have time to test each and every thing.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Nazakat Ali