[opencms-dev] WebSphere 7 content type problem

Olivier Chirouze olivier.chirouze+opencms at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 11:13:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

Based on a weird problem with FCKEditor, we managed to tail down to a
bug with WebSphere 7 and OpenCms 7.5.x

At some point FCKEditor is expecting a text/xml response while it is
getting a text/html one. Thus, the xml tree cannot be used by
FCKEditor's XMLHTTPRequest.
It turns out connector.jsp is returning the wrong HTTP response. We
checked the Apache front-end server and it is fine. The problem is
with the code running in WebSphere 7 (in 6.x or Tomcat, off course
there is no pb).

I looked further in the code and found this part in method
initWorkplaceRequestValues():

    	// Note that this won't work on WebSphere in the JSP scope
    	// => thus, the HTTPServletResponse contentType will stay to null.
    	// See next line on how this is solved on WebSphere
        res.setContentType(contentType);

        // Also set it at "normal" level for WebSphere issues
        // (so the content type can be "cached" and "flushed" outside of
        // the jsp scope...)
        getJsp().getResponse().setContentType(contentType);

As it talks about a specific problem with WebSphere, I am suspecting
that something changed between WAS 6 and 7 and that today, this piece
of code is not working anymore.

Let me repeat what the issue is: in that specific case (on a
ACTION_GETFOLDERS call), the content type send with the response
SHOULD BE text/xml, it ends up beeing text/html. So, this
setContentType seems not to work in WAS 7.

I will try alternate fixes but if some OpenCms developer could help
us... that'd be great.

Thanks!

Olivier