[opencms-dev] Issues with OpenCms 8 on fresh install (Mac OS X)

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Thu May 12 09:52:57 CEST 2011

I've run the setup twice on Mac OS X 10.6.7, Tomcat7 (512mb mem heap
assigned) , MySql5, and still getting these issues. I probably need to
monitor the tomcat logs a bit more, but not urgent at the moment.

On WinXP, Tomcat6 though, I've installed OCMS8 as well just now, no problems
at all.

Alexander Kandzior wrote:

> Mathias,
>
>> I just installed OpenCms 8 on Mac OS X (fresh installation, not an
>> upgrade
> of
>> an existing one) and found a few issues.
>
> Not sure where your issues are coming from but I am running OpenCms 8 on
> my
> MacBook Air with Mac OS X (10.6) in a Tomcat / MySQL installation and I
> did
> not have any issues setting this up and running.
>
>> The next issue I noticed is with the Template III demo: even though I'm
>> logged in, and the login box for the extranet on the left hand side shows
>> "Logged in as: Admin", it would still show the name/password field below.
> Is
>> that intentionally?
>
> Yes it's intentional. The idea is when you do a demo with a customer, you
> can just switch to another user directly. Like "look now the X user can /
> can not do this and that because of his permissions etc.". Should not be
> too
> hard to change that behavior, maybe we do add an option for this in the
> next
> release.
>

> Kind Regards,
> Alex.

> Alexander Kandzior
>
> Alkacon Software GmbH  - The OpenCms Experts
> http://www.alkacon.com - http://www.opencms.org

-----
Mathias Lin
Skype: mathias.lin