[opencms-dev] opencms backups

Christian Hellinger Christian.Hellinger at dreger.de
Tue May 17 17:53:42 CEST 2011

Hello Marko,

as a starting point:

You could use the CMS Shell (see http://opencms-wiki.org/CMS_Shell) in a
script to make module backups, if you have to use a cron job on os level.
You also could set up a scheduled task within OpenCms, however, to make a
database export.

The copying/moving to your storage could be made by another script - or
you can use a backup software for this, depending on your environment.
Hint: It's also a good idea to backup the opencms config folder.

Best regards

Christian Hellinger

--------------------------------------

DREGER INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY