[opencms-dev] Search index locked (maybe)

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed May 18 18:06:12 CEST 2011

Do you index PowerPoint documents for the index?

If so, disable PowerPoint indexing in opencms-search.xml by removing the
document type from your index configuration.

PowerPoint indexing in v7.x does not really work well, it is buggy and
causes memory leaks and these can bring the server down after some time.
Word, PDF etc. all seem to work well but not PPT. There is no quick solution
available to fix this for OpenCms 7.x.

The good news is that I have been able to fix this for the upcoming 8.0.1
release.

Kind Regards,

Alex.

Alexander Kandzior