[opencms-dev] Problem with organization units and groups

Marantelli Luca Luca.Marantelli at nposistemi.it
Wed May 25 20:20:59 CEST 2011

Hi
I have some sites under the same instance of opencms
I created an organization unit (OU) for every site in order to let users edit contents of their site only

This is ok if every user has the same permissions and this is the situation for all sites except one.

For this site I have 2 users that can edit everything (so they are in the "root" OU of that site)
Then I have some users that must edit content of 2 folders (folder A and folder B) only, other users that must edit only content of folder A and folder C, and other users that must edit only contents of folder D and folder E. So I have a situation in which some users can edit their own folders but other users can edit folders that can be edited by other users.

I don't understand if I have to use OU, groups or project to give the right permissions to these users.

I have to create a organization units for every combinations of folders that can be edited (an OU for A+B, an OU for A+C, an OU for A+B, an OU for D+E)?I don't think so...maybe I have to use groups in this case. But  I see that I can specify path only in Projects and OU management, not in groups

The right way is to create a group (under the site OU) for every folder? For example GroupFolderA, GroupFolderB, GroupFolderC, GroupFolderD and GroupFolderE? And then give the right permissions on every folder? But then I have to give the deny permission on the site root for all these groups?

Is there anyone can explain me the right way to proceed please?

thanks

Luca Marantelli

Npo Sistemi S.p.A. - Gruppo Npo
S.S. 11 Padana Superiore 28
20063 Cernusco s/Naviglio MI
Cellulare: +39 3487560072
Tel.: +39 02 92596.460
Fax: +39 02 92596.317
E-mail: lucamarantelli at nposistemi.it<mailto:luca.russo at nposistemi.it>
Web: www.nposistemi.it<http://www.nposistemi.it/>

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.LGS. 196/2003    .

Il contenuto di questo messaggio (ed eventuali allegati) e' strettamente confidenziale. L'utilizzo del contenuto del messaggio e' riservato esclusivamente al destinatario. La modifica, distribuzione, copia del messaggio da parte di altri e' severamente proibita. Se non siete i destinatari Vi invitiamo ad informare il mittente ed eliminare tutte le copie del suddetto messaggio     .

The content of this message (and attachment) is closely confidentiality. Use of the content of the message is classified exclusively to the addressee. The modification, distribution, copy of the message from others are forbidden. If you are not the addressees, we invite You to inform the sender and to eliminate all the copies of the message.