[opencms-dev] WebDAV always pointing to /sites/default (7.0.5)

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Thu Jun 2 08:19:02 CEST 2011

I think I wasn't too wrong with my previous observations that there's
something wrong with the WebDAV integration.
Whenever I set the default site in the Admin user preferences to site "/"
(in order that WebDAV connects to that location so I can see both system and
sites folders, instead of the default site): after I connect to WebDAV,
disconnect or do something (also restarted my localhost client=server), when
I then log in to the OpenCms workplace again, at some point the default site
of my user's preferences (Admin in my case) is been reset to the
/sites/default), without me doing anything to it!

WebDAV mapping in the Finder and then trying to setup a project in IntelliJ
is therefore unreliable. Also occassionally it cannot new files to the
WebDAV folders. I can open and edit/save files though.

Furthermore I noticed: I created a sibling copy of one of the jsp files,
edited it via WebDAV, saved it, and back in OpenCms, the sibling link was
not there anymore but just two separate copies.

Mathias Lin wrote:

> Nevermind, the user with which I logged in to WebdAV had the wrong default
> site in his user preferences.
>

> Mathias Lin wrote:
>>
>> I connect to my local OpenCms 7.0.5 server (which runs as ROOT app in
>> Tomcat) via http://localhost:8080/webdav/, and it always shows me the
>> content of /sites/default, but not pointing to my site
>> (/sites/myproject), which is set as the default site in
>> opencms-system.xml.
>>
>> I even don't have the /sites/default configured under sites in the
>> opencms-system.xml anymore. Where can I map WebDAV to the correct site?
>>
>> (I'm using Finder / Connect to Server... for connecting, on Mac OS X
>> 10.6.7.)

-----
Mathias Lin
Skype: mathias.lin