[opencms-dev] Flex cache and multiple parameters values

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Wed Jun 15 15:05:00 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

I'd like to use flex cache for a JSP which generates a list of resources, which is filterable (using categories).

The "filter categories" are added to the request as url-encoded parameters, so a unique list URL would look like this:

1)    mysite.com/en/list.html?cat=/category/one/

For this type of URL, I can cache each list output by setting the cache property to "params=(cat)". So far so good.

The problem arise when the list is filtered using multiple categories. The URLs for such lists look like this:

2)    mysite.com/en/list.html?cat=/category/one/&cat=/category/two/

With the cache property set to "params=(cat)", flex cache only considers the first "cat" parameter, producing the same output as for 1). Only the first "cat" parameter is considered.

To cache the initial page, I've set the cache property to "no-params=(cat)" - I was unable to find any other solution.

Is there any way to accomplish what I want with flex cache?

(PS I am aware of the workaround solution; using a delimiter character to separate categories and having a single parameter string for "cat", but I was hoping to avoid that one.)

Best regards,
Paul