[opencms-dev] Opencms 7.5.2 and backup database contents

Mario Jäger m.jaeger at alkacon.com
Mon Jul 11 09:33:03 CEST 2011

Hi,

To backup the content you should backup the database. If you use MySQL
as database, you can do that using the "mysqldump" command. In a linux
environment you can use that command automatically configuring a cron
job. How often you should make a backup depends on the number of
contents you create/change per day. For example, you could make a backup
once a day. I would advice to make a backup in a time when no (or few)
content is created/changed. Then, making a backup has no effect on the
performance for the website when content is delivered dynamically.

Kind Regards,
Mario.