[opencms-dev] ADE drag do not work in Google chrome, how to fix it

Tobias Herrmann t.herrmann at alkacon.com
Mon Jul 11 09:51:55 CEST 2011

Hi Yangguang,

this looks like a bug in the UI. But I can't reproduce it with the current version of Chrome and OpenCms 8.0.0 or 8.0.1.

As the UI of OpenCms is injected into your page HTML and the CSS coming with it, the problem may be caused by an interference of your CSS and the CSS of th OpenCms UI components. To find out if that is the case, you would need to use Chrome's development tool and check if there are any styles of
your CSS rules overriding the OpenCms CSS rules.
Check your CSS for strong and broad declarations like div { color: red !important; } or #someId * { width: 20px; }. Those may interfere with the styling of OpenCms UI components and may even prevent them to work properly.
With OpenCms 8 you can still do anything you like with your CSS, but you may need to declare those styles a bit more specific to avoid interference.

Greetings, Tobias

--

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts