[opencms-dev] Opencms 7.5.2 and Lucene

Mario Jäger m.jaeger at alkacon.com
Tue Jul 12 09:39:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

There are different possibilities to handle the update from the search
indices in OpenCms:

- An index is updated automatically, when you publish a file, if the
<rebuild> node for that index is configured with the value "auto" in the
WEB-INF/config/opencms-search.xml

- An offline index is updated periodically, if the <rebuild> node for
that index is configured with value "offline" in the
WEB-INF/config/opencms-search.xml. The update frequency is configured
global in the <offlineUpdateFrequency> node in the
WEB-INF/config/opencms-search.xml

- An index can only be updated manually or using a scheduled job, if the
<rebuild> node for that index is configured with value "manual" in the
WEB-INF/config/opencms-search.xml

   * How often you update an index manually in the OpenCms search
management (where the <rebuild> node for that index is configured with
value "manual") is a very specific decision for every index. If you
always want to have the index up to date, you better should configure
the <rebuild> node with value "auto"

   * You can configure a scheduled job, which updates the configured
indices in periodically times. Therefore, you have to use the class
org.opencms.search.CmsSearchManager as Java class in the scheduled job.
You have to configure the parameter "indexList" with the list of
indices, which shall be updated, separated by the pipe symbol. If a log
file shall be written, when updating the indices, the parameter
"writeLog" is to configure to true

Kind Regards,
Mario.