[opencms-dev] Move DB from MySQL to SQL Server

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Fri Jul 15 16:42:32 CEST 2011

Hi Faisal,
a good approach is to:
1. Install a fresh OpenCms with the new database server.
2. export all contents from within OpenCms with the database export tool in the OpenCms Administration view
3. export all your custom modules and all shipped modules (if you changed them) with the OpenCms Module export tool in the OpenCms Administration view.
4. copy all custom jars and all other stuff which differs from a original OpenCms installation to your new installation
5. import the data you exported in 2. and 3.. Start with the modules.
6. publish all resources
7. restart your servlet container.

If I have not forgotten something this should be it.

HTH
Best regards

Kai Schliemann
Senior IT-Berater

comundus GmbH
Schüttelgrabenring 3, D-71332 Waiblingen
Telefon +49 7151-50028-0
E-Mail k.schliemann at comundus.com
Internet www.comundus.com

Geschäftsführer Klaus Hillemeier
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 264290

comundus ist ein Unternehmen der IT EXCELLENCE Group

 Finden Sie uns auf Facebook