[opencms-dev] Add a new entry to workplace menu in english language

Mario Jäger m.jaeger at alkacon.com
Thu Jul 21 16:05:38 CEST 2011

Hi,

You could enhance the org.opencms.workplace.explorer.messages.properties
file and then compile the opencms.jar file. But, then your enhancement
would be lost in case of an OpenCms update. We also do not advice to
change the OpenCms core.

Therefore, the better solution is to put the english message bundle text
in the message.properties file from your own module. You have to compile
your module again then. After restarting from the servlet container the
english context menu text should appear in the english locale.

Kind Regards,
Mario.