[opencms-dev] link issue in OpenCms 8.0.1

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Thu Aug 4 09:31:30 CEST 2011

Raghu,

for performance reasons, OpenCms automatically exports binary files
(images, pdf, office docs) when being in the ONLINE project.

So if your file is stored in the VFS at "/IN/hotel/TajHotel.pdf", the
URL for it will be (in a default OpenCms installation)

Offline: http://[servername]/opencms/opencms/IN/hotel/TajHotel.pdf
Online:
http://[servername]/opencms/export/sites/default/IN/hotel/TajHotel.pdf

It is required that you use the <cms:link> tag in every link you program
in your JSPs, so that OpenCms can modify the links correctly.

So every link in a jsp should be like

and NOT

If you do not want to have binary files exported, you can set the
"export" property on those files (or the parent folder) to "false"

Kind Regards,
Michael.

> Hi ,
> In our application, a link is given as <a
> href="/cms/IN/hotel/TajHotel.pdf"/> in the OpenCms html page. However,
> when the page loads , the link is shown as <a
> href="/export/sites/default/IN/hotel/ TajHotel.pdf"/>. Could anyone
> please advise the reason for the issue.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> *Raghu D*
>

> DISCLAIMER:
>
> "The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
> the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
> privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
> contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
> IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
> adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or
> any attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions,
> viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."

Kind Regards,
Michael.