[opencms-dev] remove opencms/opencms

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Thu Aug 18 18:34:53 CEST 2011

Hi Faisal,

just to understand what you want to achieve:

Which url do you want to use to connect to
a. OpenCMS ?
b. The other application, that is deployed as root?

You cannot access both applications under one common url. The server needs different urls in order to decide where to route the request to.
This is why it is not possible to deploy more than one webapp as the ROOT webapp.
So you need two different urls, which means you have to deploy one app as root and one app under a different name.

And, use apache mod rewrite to map a url like your.domain.com/web to tomcat

for example:

RewriteRule  ^/web/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:8081/cms/cms/$1 [P]

Regards
christoph