[opencms-dev] OpenCMS on Jelastic - Multisite and Logging?

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Sat Aug 20 09:09:06 CEST 2011

Hi

I installed OpenCMS on Jelastic as described here:
http://www.opencms.org/de/news/110815-opencms-in-the-cloud.html

It is indeed pretty intuitive.

I had one problem when I tried to install into a Jelastic environment with a nginx-proxy. nginx tries to deliver the static resources on its own and this did interfere with OpenCms delivery from export-folder. Thus no css and no images where accessible. But removing nginx from the Jelastic configuration setup resolved the issue.

A downer is that it does not seem to be possible to do a multisite setup.
While it is possible to edit the tomcat server config on Jelastic (and thus defining the tomcat connectors for the various sites) I did not find out, how to edit files inside the webapp folder via the Jelastic interface.
Since you have to edit the element "<sites>" in opencms-system.xml to make OpenCms aware of your sites, you cannot configure OpenCms in Jelastic for multisite delivery. Or is there any other way to change the sites-configuration?

Same problem with logging. Is it possible to specify the log file location without having access to WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties?

Regards
Christoph