[opencms-dev] Start with folder settings doesn't work

Zdenek Mach zdenek.mach at qbizm.cz
Wed Aug 24 14:45:15 CEST 2011

So, I have looked into the source code and from my point of view it is a bug
- in class org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplace, method initWorkplaceSettings.

There is a check of existence of folder "Start with folder". But this check
is always performed using "currentSite", because of finally block on line
544: cms.getRequestContext().setSiteRoot(currentSite);

The check should be performed using "Start with site", which is read on line
516: String siteRoot = settings.getUserSettings().getStartSite();

As I see this bug is also in 7.5.x versions. The new version 8 has different
implementation of this check where it should be ok.

Best regards,

Zdenek Mach