[opencms-dev] Webform Generator Module - log of every step

Paco Santos paco at sitback.com.au
Mon Sep 12 02:14:25 CEST 2011

Hi fellow devs,

I've created forms from scratch (JSPs) and then embedded them in OpenCMS,
but now I'm using this webform generator module to achieve the same.

The thing is that in my 100%-JSP webforms I was able to the <%@page
import="org.opencms.main.CmsLog"%> library to insert a new entry in the log
in key steps of the form usage, like when connecting to the DB, when
submitted successfully, when the user failed writing the captcha letters,
etc.

I was making an instance of that class at the beginning of my code like
this:

Log log = CmsLog.getLog("com.mysite");

And then I was writing entries in the log like this all over my code:

log.debug("My Webform - statement executed. Number of inserted rows to the
database: " + numRows);

My question is, how can I apply the CmsLog class in this Webform generator
module?

Thanks in advance,
Francisco.

--
*

*
*Paco Santos* |  Sitback  |  Developer |  m: 0450 871 390  |  p: 9247 2223