[opencms-dev] System requirements

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Tue Sep 13 18:46:06 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm used to working on my employer's servers, which are all seriously overkill specced, but now I'm considering taking on an OpenCms assignment with my private company.

I'm looking into VPS providers, and I'm curious: In the "normal world", what would you say are the HW requirements (especially RAM) for an OpenCms site?

The site I would potentially create is very basic (regular HTML pages with text and images), but has spikes of traffic with close to 100.000 pageviews / 50.000 visitors per month. (But all or nearly all pages are Flex Cache-friendly.) Would 1 or 2 GB of RAM be enough for decent performance or am I daydreaming?

Hope to hear from you! :)

Cheers,
Paul